Chinese take out reigns supreme as the number one quick fix meal. The reason for the long reign at the top of takeout cuisine is the consistency at which it can be produced. In short its nearly impossible to screw up stir fry so I decided to give it a whirl this past weekend. In all its simplicity I must say that the results were beyond magical.
Crushed Red Pepper
Stir Fry Ingredients:
Red Bell Pepper
1. Combine the honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and water in a container and mix until they’re all combined.
2. Add the Chinese five spice, crushed red pepper and kosher salt to the container and continue mixing.
3. Take two boneless and skinless chicken breast and cut them into strips and cubes and add into the container with the mixture.
4. Allow the chicken breast to marinate in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
5. Heat the Big Green Egg and prepare for direct cooking over high heat.
6. Once the charcoal is all lit place the14 inch Lodge cast iron wok > Buy Now at Amazon on the fire ring and allow it to heat up for about ten minutes.
7. While the wok is heating up chop up the onions, red bell pepper, green onions, ginger root and broccoli and place each into separate serving bowls.
8. Also while the wok is heating up cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Once the water is boiling this should take about ten minutes.
9. Once the wok is up to temperature begin the stir fry by adding the marinated chicken first.
10. Give the chicken a couple of minutes to cook before adding the chopped yellow onion and broccoli.
11. After a few more moments add the red bell pepper, chopped ginger root, green onions and the portobello mushrooms to the stir fry.
12. Continue working the stir fry around inside the wok. Add in extra soy sauce and sesame oil as you see fit. In total the stir fry should take about ten minutes from start to finish.
13. Remove the stir fry from the wok and serve hot.