What started out as a search for a quick and simple late night meal abruptly turned into an international go to family favorite. Quesadillas have been a favorite in my family for years but it wasn’t until recently when we finally decided to dig a little deeper into the proper cultivation of these gooey, savory culinary master pieces. From freshly cooked chicken to the precise blend of Mexican cheeses these quesadillas are something that you will not be able to get enough of!
Six Chilli Powder
Cracked Black Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pico De Gallo
1. Debone and cut two chicken breast into smaller manageable portions.
2. Add all of the dry rub ingredients to a mixing bowl and work together well.
3. Add the cubed or sliced chicken to the mixing bowl and make sure to work the dry rub over all of the chicken.
4. Heat a cast iron grill pan > Buy Now at Amazon over medium heat and add the coated chicken once the pan reaches temperature.
5. Allow the chicken to cook for about 15 minutes. If you have the cast iron panini press > Buy Now at Amazon for the grill pan heat it on a separate burner and place it on top of the chicken.
6. Once the chicken is finished cooking remove it from the grill pan, place on a cutting board and chop it down further.
7. In a heated cast iron skillet > Buy Now at Amazon add one flour tortilla shell, then add a handful of cooke chicken followed by about a half cup of shredded Mexican cheese.
8. Fold half of the tortilla over top and gently press down.
9. Allow the quesadilla to cook for about three minutes on the first side then flip over and cook for another three minutes.
10. Remove the quesadilla from the pan, cut into triangles and prepare for serving with cilantro, Mexican crema and pico de galo.