I must admit that I haven’t had much experience eating or cooking beef short ribs. Nonetheless any cut of meat with the rib label must be regarded as top quality. Regardless of whether its pork, beef or lamb you can always bet that if ribs are involved something magical is about to happen. Couple a few beef short ribs and a few go to taco toppings and you’ll be sitting at the intersection of savory street flavor and boulevard!
Smoked Poblano Pepper Powder
Corn Tortilla Shells
1. Begin by mixing all of the dry ingredients for the rub in a large mixing bowl.
2. Apply the rub over the short ribs and wrap in foil when completed.
3. Allow the short ribs to marinate in the rub for a tleast 24 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Once the short ribs have had adequate time to marinate start the Big Green Egg and set to smoke at 250 degrees fahrenheit.
5. Once the Big Green Egg is up to temperature place the short ribs on smoke for four hours.
6. After four hours of smoking remove the Short Ribs from the BGE and allow them to rest for at least twenty minutes.
7. While the Short Ribs are resting begin preparing the lime sour cream by combining juice from one
lime with one cup of sour cream.
8. Fry the tortillas in about three inches of canola or peanut oil. After one minute flip the tortilla over and create bend in the middle forming a hard taco shape. Hold the tortilla in the oil for another minute then remove and place on a wire rack.
9. Garnish the tacos with the lime sour cream and chopped cilantro.