Brisket burnt ends have suffered from a lack of appreciation over the past year since other forms of burnt ends have become internet viral sensations. This serves as an exercise to re-pay homage to the original burnt ends. The ones that don’t have to be specified by the cut of meat. Everything else is simply just an imitation and for good reason. Imitation is the highest form of flattery and there is a distinct reason why burnt ends have remained one of the most sought after BBQ delicacies for decades.
BBQ Briket Dry Rub
1. Smoke a whole packer beef brisket as you normally would. Read More Here
2. Once the whole brisket reaches an internal temperature of at least 190 degrees fahrenheit remove the brisket from your smoker and allow it to rest for at least one hour.
3. Begin slicing the flat end of the brisket until you reach the point end.
4. At the point end begin slicing the remainder of the brisket against the grain into large slices.
5. Cube the large slices of brisket into one inch by one inch squares.
6. Place the cubed brisket pieces into an aluminum foil pan and cover with a liberal amount of Smofried BBQ Brikset Rub. Get Yours Here
7. Mix in a one cup of your favorite BBQ sauce along with about a half cup of honey.
8. Wearing latex gloves mix the sauce, honey and dry rub over the brisket cubes until covered evenly.
9. Return the pan with the brisket cubes to the smoker for about two more hours or until the majority of the liquid has evaporated.
10. Remove the brisket burnt ends from the smoker and give them a few minutes to rest and cool before serving.