For the past year and a half I have been wanting to try my hand at authentic Korean BBQ. On this day that feat was finally conquered with some of the best skirt steak I have personally ever tasted. The naturally tender beef and the added element of sweet makes this Korean dish a staple in my BBQ repertoire going forward.
1. Using a food processor > Buy Now at Amazon puree one bosc peach, one white onion, a few slices of ginger and one bulb of garlic until all of the ingredients are fine and smooth.
2. Transfer the pureed ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
3. In a measuring cup add one-fourth cup of soy sauce with one-fourth cup of sesame oil and one-half cup of brown sugar.
4. Add the sesame oil and soy sauce marinade to the large mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
5. Slice the skirt steak against the grain in a close to quarter inch cuts as possible.
6. Add the sliced skirt steak to the large mixing bowl and work all of the ingredients together making sure the steak is well coated.
7. Allow the steak to marinade for 12 to 24 hours before grilling.
8. Heat the grill to between 450 and 500 degrees fahrenheit.
9. Place a perforated grill basket > Buy Now at Amazon on the cooking surface of the grill and give it about ten minutes to reach a hot temperature.
10. Once the grill basket is hot empty the skirt steak and marinade contents into the basket and allow to cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
11. Only turn and toss the skirt steak about once every I’ve minutes.
12. Once the skirt steak has adequately browned remove from the grill.
13. Prepare for consumption by hollowing out one half of a Romain lettuce bunch.
14. Spoon two heaping spoons of jasmine rice into the hollowed Romain lettuce.
15. Top the rice with the cooked skirt steak followed by green onions and sesame seeds.