Authentic Indian cuisine is some of the most fragrant and flavorful food you will ever experience. Utilizing a unique blend of native spices along with creamy Greek yogurt Indian cuisine is almost always a no miss scenario. In my own opinion nothing reigns supreme over Chicken Tandoori served with fresh Naan, roasted vegetables and a red raspberry chutney dipping sauce.
Tandoori Marinade Ingredients:
Plain Greek Yogurt
Fresh Lemon Juice
Ground Cayenne Pepper
1. Use a ten pound bag of chicken leg quarters.
2. Separate the leg from the thigh and remove the skin from each piece. Place the chicken pieces in a large two gallon zip lock bag.
3. Begin preparing the tandoori marinade by adding the cilantro, ginger, garlic and fresh squeezed lemon juice to a food processor. Blend the four ingredients until you have a well mixed paste like substance.
4. Transfer the cilantro, ginger, garlic and lemon paste to a large mixing bowl and add in the Greek yogurt.
5. In a separate mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the yogurt and paste bowl. Spend about three minutes mixing all of the ingredients together until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
7. Add the tandoori marinade to the two gallon zip lock bag making sure that all of the chicken pieces are well coated.
8. Allow the chicken to marinate in the tandoori sauce for at least 24 hours but preferably closer to 72 hours.
9. Once the chicken has had adequate time to marinate prepare your grill for indirect cooking at a high temperature, i.e. 600 degrees fahrenheit.
10. Allow the chicken to cook for 30-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees fahrenheit.
6 Cups Flour
1 TSP Baking Powder
1 TSP Kosher Salt
2 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt
1 TBSP Whole Cumin Seeds
1 Glove Chopped Garlic
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the dry ingredients together well.
2. Add the greek yogurt and egg thereafter.
3. Add in the whole cumin seeds along with the chopped garlic and begin to mix all of the ingredients with a spoon.
4. Once the mixture gets too hard to mix with a spoon begin kneading the dough with your hands.
5. Once the dough feels smooth and elastic form into a ball and place in a well oiled mixing bowl and cover with a towel for at least one hour.
6. Slice the dough into ten equal size pieces and form each one into a ball.
7. On a floured surface use a rolling pin to flatten each one of the balls.
8. Place the flattened Naan dough on a ConvEGGtor for LARGE Egg for about two minutes per side. After the first two minutes flip the Naan over with a spatula and brush the cooked side with extra virgin olive oil.
Raspberry Chutney Ingredients:
Red Raspberry Preserves
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 TBSP Ground Coriander
1 TBSP Ground Cardamom
1. Chop the purple onion and place it into a medium sized cast iron dutch oven.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the dutch oven and stir until everything is mixed well.
3. Over medium heat cover the dutch oven with a lid and bring to a boil, about ten minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and allow the chutney to cool for about 20 minutes.
5 Transfer the chutney to a food processor and blend until you have a completely liquid substance.
6. Transfer the chutney to a glass jar and refrigerate until ready to serve.