Pizza on the Big Green Egg can be a very daunting task. Between getting the pizza onto the egg to controlling the temperature you will run into a litany of possible issues the first few times you take a swing at pizza night. I must say that once the stars align and you finally get the pizza process in order you will not want delivery ever again. The best part is the timing. You’ll find that you’re able to cook pizzas at a blazing rate and the taste is second to none.
Pizza Dough Ingredients:
Self Rising Flour
Cracked Black Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Bring a stock pot of water to a rolling boil. Add the tomatoes to the boiling water and leave cooking for about three minutes.
2. Once the skin begins to peel away from the tomatoes remove them from the boiling water.
3. Peel and chop one bulb of fresh garlic.
4. Add the chopped garlic and chopped sweet onion to the stock pot with a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
5. Allow the onions and garlic to simmer for just a couple of minutes while you peel and chop the tomatoes.
6. Add the chopped tomatoes to the pot with the onions and garlic.
7. Add a few tablespoons of dried basil, oregano, cracked black pepper, kosher salt and sugar to the tomato sauce.
8. Add a few sprigs of thyme leaves to the tomato sauce and allow the sauce to steep for about twenty minutes.
1. Add one cup of plain greek yogurt and one cup of self raising flour to a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Using the bread hook attachment for a Kitchen Aid mixer allow the yogurt and flour to combine on medium speed for three to five minutes.
3. Add additional flour if necessary.
4. Once the dough becomes packed around the bread hook remove it from the mixing bowl and begin kneading on a well floured surface.
5. Knead the dough for 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Using a rolling pin flatten the dough and roll it out into the shape of a pizza.
1. Add about three tablespoons of cornmeal to a wooden pizza peel and place the dough to begin adding toppings to the pizza.
2. Once the dough is rolled out and placed onto the pizza peel begin adding the toppings starting with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Add a ladle of marinara to the middle of the pizza dough and spread the marinara evenly until it reaches about one inch from the edges of the dough.
4. Add shredded mozzarella cheese to the pizza pie.
5. Add any toppings that you desire.
6. Once the Big Green Egg has reached a steady temperature between 500 and 700 degrees fahrenheit add a handful of cornmeal to the pizza stone right before placing the pizza.
7. Slide the prepared pizza onto the pizza stone and allow it to bake for 5 to 15 minutes, depending on the temperature of the Big Green Egg.
Click To Buy Featured Products At Amazon.com: