Here lately it seems as though every time I prepare any sort of chicken in cast Iron cookware I come away from the dinner table proclaiming it to be the best chicken that I’ve ever had in my life. This easy yet phenomenally delicious dish can be prepared in about 15 minutes and only needs about an hour to bake in the oven.
Cream of Chicken
Cracked Black Pepper
1. Using a cast iron combo cooker > Buy Now at Amazon, cook two cups of brown rice according to the package instructions.
2. Chop the rosemary and basil leaves into manageable sizes.
3. Juice one whole lemon and set aside.
4. Once the brown rice finishes cooking layer one can of cream of chicken over the bottom of a 12 inch cast iron skillet > Buy Now at Amazon.
5. Next add the brown rice to the 12 inch skillet at a depth of about one inch. Mix in the chopped basil and rosemary leaves.
6. Slice one large purple onion and neatly place the onion circles over top of the rice
7. In a large mixing bowl add the chicken thighs.
8. Add in Hungarian Paprika, cracked black pepper and kosher salt into the mixing bowl with the chicken thighs.
9. Pour one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over the chicken thighs and work in with the rest of the ingredients until the chicken is lightly coated.
10. Add the chicken thighs to the 12 inch skillet and pour the lemon juice over the top of all of the ingredients.
11. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees fahrenheit.
12. Remove the skillet from the oven and garnish with leftover fresh rosemary.