In my own personal opinion there is no better way to serve any item of food than from within a taco shell. When it comes to grilled chicken and a little sweet cabbage slaw you just can’t go wrong with wrapping it in a fried flour tortilla shell. You end up with the best of all worlds. Tender, juicy chicken, fresh slaw and a to die for crispy outer layer that will make you understand why these tacos are an ace in any occasion.
4 lbs. Boneless Chicken Thighs
6 oz. Molasses
Cracked Black Pepper
1 TSP White Vinegar
1. Brine the chicken thighs for 10 to 15 hours.
2. Grill the chicken thighs at 450 degrees farenheight for twenty minutes. Turn only once the chicken no longer sticks to the grate on either side.
3. When the chicken is a few minutes from being finished heat canola oil in a medium cast iron skillet.
4. Pull the chicken from the grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Chop the chicken with a sharp kitchen knife.
5. While the chicken is resting place one flour tortilla in the heated oil. Turn once allowing the tortilla to brown on both sides. After 3-4 minutes remove the tortilla from the oil and fold one side over the other with metal tongs.
6. Place the chopped chicken inside the fried tortilla and top with red cabbage cole slaw.