After this latest test there is no question that meats were made to be mixed! Fusions of all sorts typically produce results that are well beyond the realm of their original intention. This was certainly the case when I decided to mash a little bit of Angus ground beef with a healthy portion of ground lamb. When you mix two of the tastiest types of meat you are rewarded with some of the most divine burgers you could ever imagine!
Cracked Black Pepper
1. Begin by finely chopping all of the fresh herbs. Once chopped set them aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the ground beef and the ground lamb with the chopped fresh herbs.
3. Add in kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
4. Start the Big Green Egg and set for direct cooking at about 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Cook the burgers for about six minutes per side or until the desired doneness.
6. Slice the gouda cheese and add the slices to the burgers about a minute before they are done cooking.
7. Remove the lamb burgers from the Big Green Egg and replaced them with the pretzel buns.
8. Brush a light amount of Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the top of the pretzel buns.
9. Continue to toast the buns for no more than one minute.
10. Once the buns are done toasting assemble the lamb burgers and top them with sliced red onion prior to serving.