When it comes to grilling chicken breast there is no shortage on methods to get the best part of the yard bird cooked. From simple recipes and ingredient lists all the way to elaborate gourmet methods chicken breast can be whipped up to culinary delight in a number of ways. This recipe features juicy chicken breast grilled somewhere in the middle of simple yet gourmet worthy. The aesthetics alone will make just about any chicken breast lover’s mouth water on sight!
Boneless / Skinless Chicken Breast
Herbs de Providence
1. Prepare the Big Green Egg for direct cooking at about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of coconut oil to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in three tablespoons of Herbs de Providence to the mixing bowl with coconut oil.
4. Add the chicken breast to the mixing bowl and make sure to coat the chicken with the coconut oil and herbs.
5. Using a large chef’s knife cut the top and bottom off of the whole pineapple.
6. Cut a half inch line into the side of the remaining area of the pineapple.
7. Angle the knife and begin to slice the outer layer of the pineapple away. Make sure to cut the outer layer away in one large piece.
8. Once you have removed the outer layer of the pineapple cut the fruit into four inch wide planks.
9. Place a single chicken breast on top of each of the pineapple planks and use cooking grade twine to tie each down.
10. By this time the Big Green Eg should be up to temperature.
11. Place the pineapple plank chicken breast on the Big Green Eg with the chicken side down first.
12. Allow the chicken breast to cook for about 30 minutes flipping once every 7 to 10 minutes.
13. Midway through the cook place a sprig of rosemary inside of the twine on top of the chicken breast side.
13. Once the chicken breast reach an internal temperature of 170 degrees Fahrenheit remove them from the Big Green Egg.