When it comes to cold cut sandwiches there seems to be a persistent debate as to the best route to go. In my own personal opinion there is no debate as to the real king of cold cut sandwiches. It’s without a doubt roast beef! The bold and hearty texture of roasted beef sirloin is unparalleled when it comes to the world of sandwiches. In this episode we took a very traditional cut of beef and did some not so traditional things to it in order to really bring it to life!
Top Sirloin Roast
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Smofried BBQ Brisket Rub
1. Begin by lighting the Big Green Egg using lump charcoal only. Giving adequate time for the Big Green Egg to reach a steady temperature of 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Once the BGE is up to temperature begin inspecting the roast and trim away any extra fat or silver skin.
3. Once trimmed, apply a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil to the exterior of the roast.
4. Proceed to rub the roast with your favorite rub. It should be Smofried BBQ Brisket Rub.
5. Place it on the Big Green Egg at 300 degrees Fahrenheit until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Remove the sirloin roast from the BGE and wrap it in foil.
7. Allow the wrapped sirloin roast to rest at room temperature for one hour.
8. Then, refrigerate the roast for at least 6 hours.
9. Using a meat slicer or very sharp knife, slice to your desired thickness.
10. Serve on Kaiser rolls with thinly sliced white onion and mayo… Enjoy!