Potatoes may be the most versatile and tasty vegetables known to man. There aren’t very many foods in existence that don’t go well with potatoes of some sort. Whether its French Fries, potato chips or baked potatoes you’re likely to see some form of potato dish at every American cookout. These twice baked potatoes are no different and are a perfect standalone compliment to any backyard BBQ!
Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Cracked Black Pepper
1. Begin by rinsing all of the potatoes thoroughly.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix canola oil, kosher salt and cracked black pepper together.
3. Roll the potatoes in the mixing bowl until each is coated with oil.
4. Wrap each potato in heavy duty aluminum foil.
5. Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees fahrenheit for about one hour.
6. While the potatoes are baking cook a half pound of bacon in a large cast iron skillet and slice then set aside when finished.
7. After initial bake is the over and the potatoes have had sufficient time to cool, slice them in half and spoon out the inside into a large mixing bowl.
8. Add the sour cream, sliced bacon, butter, green onion, grated sharp cheddar cheese, garlic powder, kosher salt and cracked black pepper to the mixing bowl.
9. Mix all of the ingredients together well then spoon mixture back into the potato halves.
10. Set the Big Green Egg for indirect cooking using the roasting configuration (Platesetter Feet Down) and allow the potatoes to cook for 30 Minutes at 350 degrees fahrenheit.